Thursday, December 30, 2010

day 17: is that real food i see?

"That's all for today dear! If you feel your bite moving, hurry up and call me!"

"UM DOCTOR IN THAT CASE PLEASE KEEP THE RUBBER BANDS ON PLEASE PLEASE"

"No no it's fine. I shall let you be free for a week. See you next week!"


Well alrighty then! I guess I'm free from the dreaded rubber bands for one week! My surgeon reminded me that I'll have plenty of banding action once I go back to my orthodontist so I shouldn't miss it too much right now. I'm most definitely going to take his word for it. I am, of course, freaking frightened that my bite is going to shift in this one unfortunate week and yes I realize that there are plates holding it all together but still, y'know? Please remind me to rein in my raucous laughter this week.

It's kind of surreal that I've moved on to 'real' food just 2.5 weeks post surgery. Of course I'm not chewing anything, but most food can be easily broken down to swallow-friendly morsels though, right? Just look at my lunch yesterday:



double boiled soup/ ice cream!

RICE! REAL, NON-BLENDED, WHOLE GRAINS OF RICE! And 2 bowls of double boiled soup: pear and apple with pork rib + sea cucumber with pork rib. Mmmmm. I put some rice in my spoon, added some soup, some shreds of pork and/or apple and voila - a very delicious spoon full of real food. I followed that up with a large cup of green tea and royal chocolate ice cream from haato. Who said recovering jawsurg patients had to go hungry?

In preparation for recovery, I bought an extra large tin of chocolate flavored Ensure milk and tin after tin of canned soup. Looks like I'm not going to be needing them anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment