Thursday, January 27, 2011

day 45: oh snap

I've officially swallowed my first rubberband. This requires, well, nothing really. Maybe an awkward look and obligatory concerned "is that safe?" comment. (I'm pretty sure it's safe if it's made for daily oral use. Moving on.)

I saw my surgeon yesterday and I readily albeit sheepishly admitted that I'm back on a totally normal diet. He responded duly with widened irises.

I added "Doc. Like, biscuits and all."

He was certainly none too pleased. He kindly suggested that I keep the cookie-chewing to a minimum until I hit the 2 month post surgery mark (2 more weeks!) and if I must have some biscuits to please soften it in a hot malt drink beforehand. Oops. I most certainly did not tell him about the tug-of-war I had last week with the yakitori no sirree.

For the most part, though, he said my bite is looking fairly stable and there aren't any major causes for concern. He did note that there's some room for improvement (gaps from previous extractions, neatening up) in my upper set of teeth but my orthodontist can "fix it quite easily".

Fixing. *shudders*
I am so not looking forward to this fixing business. Blurgh OH BRACES BRACES BRACES YOU ARE ALL PAIN ALL BANE AND NO FUN AND NO GAMES.

Next orthodontist appointment is on February 7th (after the Lunar New Year, thank G!) and my next surgeon's appointment is later on in the month. Oh how I look forward to a schedule not littered with orthodontist/ surgeon's appointments......

No comments:

Post a Comment