Wednesday, February 23, 2011

day 72: AM I REALLY ALREADY HERE?

GREETINGS FROM DAY 72!

It's been so long since I've posted so I must apologize for the layers of dust that have been collecting on the blog. It's come to the point in my recovery where I feel like I'm completely done with it, so I don't really have much to update to be honest. So you'll have to settle for my thoughts and feelings instead of any real physical updates.

I had my last orthodontist appointment about 2 weeks ago and OH MY LAWD for the first time since I've had braces on (not including the surgery recovery period), I had to pop painkillers to get me through the day. He was brutal. As much as I'm extremely glad to be done with surgery, I am certainly not looking forward to all the fine tuning that my orthodontist is promising to carry out in the next 6 months.

Here's something weird I've been doing. I've been grinning at myself in the mirror like an idiot more times than I care to mention. Not because I'm
  • a) checking for food bits (okay well maybe a bit)
  • b) admiring my breathtaking beauty

    but because .............

  • c) I have a deeply haunting/ probably unwarranted fear that maybe, just maybe, my teeth and jaws would have shifted in the hours I haven't checked and I'd suddenly be bamboozled with the same jaw/ set of teeth I had a year ago.
Thankfully, that hasn't happened yet. I'm not going to stop checking just yet though. What?? I'm scared, okay.

It's surreal how fast time has passed. It feels like just yesterday that I was hooked up to a drip, lying on the hospital bed with a bed pan placed conveniently under me and my face the size of Australia. How time flies......

No comments:

Post a Comment