Sunday, December 19, 2010

day 6: extreme makeover, itch edition


APPROPRIATE ICE PACK IS APPROPRIATE

Hallelujah! I slept for a good 6 hour stretch last night!

I did of course wake up multiple times to obsessively check my cell phone but that's something I do regardless so no bother.

I think my swelling has peaked and is finally, albeit very slowly, starting to subside. I don't want to jinx myself but at the very least it looks like the swelling isn't getting worse? Which is what my surgeon very kindly pointed out yesterday.

"At least you're not getting any bigger!"

That much is true.

I'm still hesitant to go out in public though. Although many of my family members have told me "You don't look swollen! You just look fat!!".. I'm not quite reassured. Not quiiite yetttt. Maybe in about 3 or 4 days and/or when I start to look a bit less playground accident victim. I've really got to get some Christmas shopping done....

In feeding news.... I'VE SORT OF MIGRATED TO SOFT FOOD!!!!! *HULA DANCES LIKE A MANIAC* AND I'M USING SPOONS! AND CUPS! LIKE A REAL PERSON!!!!! GOODBYE FEEDING SYRINGE!!

The surgeons did say to stick to a strictly liquid diet for a good few weeks more but my mashed potatoes are so mashed they're almost liquid anyway! Honest to G. The only thing is it's not quite a pretty sight. Mashed food everywhere. Plus I keep stupidly trying to lick my lips but um I can't because my tongue's caged behind strategically placed rubber bands.

Weird observations from day 6:
  1. Crying is a peculiar experience when the middle of your face is swollen, numb, and huge. Damn you Extreme Makeover Home Edition!
  2. Scratching an itch on your nose just really doesn't have the same kick when your face is numb. It results in a very unsatisfying scratch. And an unsolved itch. Boo.
  3. Because I'm still so swollen, even under my eyes, rubbing my eyes seems to make them even more uncomfortable. Zzzzz.
Now I'm eating nutella with a toothpick and ok I really see that that probably wasn't the best idea...................... Oh whatever I'll think about how to clean it up later. I should finish what I've started right?

No comments:

Post a Comment