Thursday, December 16, 2010

day 3: chicken essence coming out of my ears

3 days post-op

I'm home from my first post-op surgeon's appointment!

My surgeon instructed me to go see him every day for the next one week, which honestly works for me cos I wanna know how I'm doing too. You know, other than looking like Mr Nutty Professor himself.

He replaced my elastics with slightly looser ones, so my mouth can actually open a teeny weeny bit! Though that doesn't quite change my eating situation though.. Still on a purely liquid diet. I think I can only start on a soft diet in about a week or two. Baaah.

I've been sustaining myself on a diet of (all well-strained) chicken soup, porridge water and milo + oatmeal water. (My nanny is the bestestestestest.) I'm trying to get as much water intake as possible because (a) having a sore throat with my mouth banded up doesn't sound all too appealing to me (b) the nurses said sufficient water intake is extremely important to prevent fevers and all that jazzy wazz.

I woke up today with a bit of a backache and a bit of neck ache which wasn't very much fun. I definitely need to figure out a more comfortable way of sleeping propped up. I also woke up with a fair bit of tightness in my jaw, so I finally had to break out the painkillers. My surgeon only provided 1 packet with 6 inside, and I'm only to take 1 a day but I've promised myself I won't take any if I can help it though! So fingers crossed for making it through without painkillers! Yesssss!

PS. Vaseline Lip Therapy is totally my bff right now.

Some love ♥


THANK YOU COLLEAGUES/ GIRLFRIENDS

GPOY photos:


1) semblance of normalcy (I LOVE FACE MASKS)
2) s-w-o-l-l-e-n

2 comments:

  1. Omg, I can see the difference already. JIA YOU JIA YOU JIA YOU ok!!

    Oh ya, how much did you paid for your surgery and which place did you get it done? A lot of people have been laughing at my jaw since I was a kid and I was planning to get it done. I'm scare though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you thank you! trudging on trudging on :)

    for surgery alone (minus the cost of braces) costs about $12k, BUT! (LET'S REJOICE) medisave can cover almost half! but of course you have to certify that the surgery is functional/ health related and not solely aesthetically related so either way do go consult an orthodontist/ oral surgeon first!

    and my surgery was done at a private hospital so it's a bit more pricey. i've read that if you do your surgery at a public hospital, you might only need to come up with around $3k out out of pocket! so it's quite acceptable :)

    i say definitely look into it if it's something that's been bothering you for such a long time.. don't be scared k!

    ReplyDelete