Wednesday, December 15, 2010

day 2: dirty, dirty day 2

Why Oh Why am I awake at 4AM?

Actually I know why. It's because I'm feeling the irresistible urge to go home and take a shower. I haven't been able to take a shower since 8AM on Dec 13th.. And I'm just feeling icky! See how I wouldn't make a good adventurer nor camper. Didn't even move around much in the room but right now I'm all itchy itchy scratchy scratchy up and down my backy wacky. Ugh, TMI, I know. And the itching only seems to get worse after I get antibiotics shot up (am I using that right?) my IV.

On that note, that's the only thing that's been causing any discomfort at all, albeit fleetingly. The nurses disconnected me from the drip yesterday since I was already able to start eating and drinking on my own. But they would come in once in awhile and inject some antibiotics into my IV. Not so much fun.

Felt pretty sore and a bit like an extended blood test. But hey, we survived surgery right? We shouldn't be ranting about small potatoes like this

I forgot to mention a minor episode that transpired yesterday!

I sat up for the first time post-op and immediately felt really dizzy. So I figured I'd try again later. And when I did, I was like "heyyy this isn't so bad!"..... Until I looked down at my gown and saw blood. Rather large amounts of blood.

Oops.

My nose.

Didn't hurt at all though! Just lots of residual blood fighting to escape I guess.

My jaws are of course completely immobile and banded together plus my face is still extremely, unattractively swollen. But as long as I'm not feeling any particular discomfort, I can deal with it. I just want to take a bath ASAP.............

No comments:

Post a Comment