Monday, December 20, 2010

day 7: hello from springfield


I AM A SIMPSON.

Ok I should stop posting these beauty queen snapshots of myself but GUYS. LOOK. LOOK AT HOW FRIKKIN YELLOW MY NECK IS!! COMPARE IT TO MY NORMAL, HUMAN COLORED HAND!!

Now that I've got that out of the way... ~I'M ONE WEEK POST OP!!!!~ That's a milestone isn't it? Somewhat? Kind of? Sort of? C'mon just let me have this one - I'm swollen, bruised and on a mush diet - lots of things are milestones to me these days. I'm just waiting to bling out my 1 month, 2 month, 3 month post op blog post. Man when I'm 3 months post-op.. I'll be eating like a normal person. Eating. Food. Real food. $&*(&$* NO I can't think of that now! I shall just focus on life's little triumphs like:
  • My lunch. I had delicious pureed potato with chicken essence and cheese. Mmmm.
  • Cake. Okay more specifically, cake during Christmastime. My surgeon very nicely noted that Christmas is a time for celebration and feasting (Of course I cannot partake in the latter) BUT! If I were to really, really really want some cake? I could mush it up and then put it in my mouth and smoosh it with the roof of my mouth. And tadah! Cake! YAY!!

Dang. Now I really want some cake......

5 comments:

  1. Heyyy: You had surgery the same exact day as me cooooooooool

    your so lucky! i cant seem to eat anything grr
    by and chance does your jaw feel like its trying to go back into its original postion?

    Also is sleeping easy with you?

    i wanna see who heals the fastest =D
    CONGRATS on the surgery and i wish you a fast recoveryy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey mai :)

    haha surgery buddies we are then.. we're officially 8 days post op! we deserve some congratulations for that i think.

    what do you mean you can't eat anything though? if you can drink liquid i think having pureed potatoes/ porridge shouldn't be much of a problem! my jaw doesn't really feel like it's trying to snap back but then again there are 2 elastics holding them pretty firmly in place. do your jaws feel that way?

    sleeping was really tough the first 4 days but i've been having less and less problems with it in the past few days! i did buy an angled pillow so that probably helps?

    haha i hope we both heal really quickly. i wish you a super speedy recovery too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dear so how'd the pillow go? no good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. c!
    the pillow is nothing short of FANTASTIC. i have since abandoned the other 8 and now exclusively use the one you gave me. thank you so so so so much for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey; yup yup we are indeed

    i dont know how to explain it but puree food isnt all that easy to eat =(
    are you using those syringes with the red rubber?

    haha i sure hope so; this surgery is wearing me out and perfect timing too...just in time for christmas

    ReplyDelete