Tuesday, January 25, 2011

day 43: of many peppero sticks

I blow chunks at updating this space. *hangs head in shame*

Real life, real food and being back at work have been the biggest culprits I tell you. And my (unabashed) laziness.

Thing is, I'm knee deep back in the pool of real life and it feels like I never left! My weeks of living on liquid and mush feel dream-like, almost and I think about those times none too fondly as I chow down on my McNuggets meal or hainanese chicken rice (extra liver, please.) The time I had off work seemed to fly by and now I'm 6 weeks post LET'S CUT UP MY FACE surgery and thrown right back under the bright fluorescent office lights and living life just as I did 7 weeks ago.

Frankly, I'm not sure how normal it is to be back on a pre-surgery diet ~6 weeks post operation. And believe me y'all - I've been going at it. I even had yakitori the other day and let's just say chicken gizzard on a stick is very, very chewy. A lot of other blogs I've read took a while longer to dive back into a normal diet but I'm attributing that to additional apparatus like bite plates and the like. I've got nuttin' except the wonderful silver in my mouth I call grillz braces.

I see my surgeon tomorrow so we'll see what he has to say about my wild, rampant, reckless chewing.

To anyone going for/ recovering from jaw surgery - It's not that scary! I promise!!! Take it from me. I'm 6 weeks post surgery and I'm back on my nutritious diet of chocolate pocky sticks and ferrero rocher. Chyeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment