Monday, December 6, 2010

fear is near

Can I just say that fear has crept up on me and I am officially scared.

Pre-braces and even a couple of months post, I read every single jaw surgery related blog I could find. I went through pages and pages in numerous forums and boy did I look at many a gory photo. (No videos though. Pretty sure my stomach wouldn't have taken too well to it.)

But in recent months, I've been consciously avoiding all jaw surgery blog/ sites/ forums because I knew if I looked at them I would just freak myself out. And that would do no one any good.

But now that my surgery is ONE WEEK AWAY OMO I have to get my butt down to making shopping lists and whipping my mental self into appropriately good shape. I'm redoing some research on what to expect and what to prepare and pre-surgery jitters are starting to kick in big time.

"The swelling is perhaps the greatest post-operative event of your jaw surgery. This will vary from patient to patient. You must anticipate a large degree of swelling over your cheek area as well as down into your neck. The swelling is maximal at Day 5 and will slowly subside after 2 weeks. There is still about 10 to 20% of swelling that can maintain up to 2 months after surgery. You should withhold judgment of the result 6 months after surgery. " - source

Dang. I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment